3RD CERHI-UNIBEN AREF RESEARCH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP – RESEARCH COMMUNICATION
From September 20 – 24, 2021
The Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation (CERHI), University of Benin in collaboration with the Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF), Medical Research Foundation, UK, is organizing a research leadership development workshop on Research Communication.
The five-day training workshop is designed to use experiential techniques to enhance the research and leadership capacity of early to middle career academics working on important developmental challenges in Nigeria by focusing on research communication as a tool for achieving research excellence.
Amongst others, the workshop modules will include:
- Identifying key research topics
- Writing high quality manuscripts
- Plagiarism/unethical conduct in research
- Use of software to enhance scientific writing
- Collaborating with industry for social impact
- Community engagement in research conduct
- Applicants should be early to mid-level academics
- A faculty position not more than an Associate Professor or its equivalent in Nigerian universities and research institutions
- At least 3 publications in reputable journals
- A statement of intent clearly itemizing the applicant’s expectations from the workshop (100 words maximum)
- One (1) page CV (including list of 3 most recent published articles)
Participants can register by clicking the link below not later than Friday September 10, 2021.
Selected participants will be informed by Wednesday September 15, 2021 of their selection
Workshop fees and accommodation
A registration fee of ₦ 10,000 only will be paid by selected participants (workshop participation is limited to 25 participants). Accommodation is available at the CERHI and UNIBEN Guest Houses at affordable rates.
Prof Friday Okonofua,
Centre Leader, CERHI
CERHI-UNIBEN AREF Excell Team
- Akhere Omonkhua – Excell Institutional Lead
- Oyetunde Oyeyemi – Excell Fellow
- Enitome Bafor – Excell Fellow