2ND CERHI-UNIBEN AREF RESEARCH LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOP – MENTORING
From July 12 – 16, 2021
The Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation (CERHI), University of Benin in collaboration with the Africa Research Excellence Fund (AREF), Medical Research Foundation, UK, is organizing a research leadership development workshop on Mentoring.
The five-day training workshop is designed to use experiential techniques to enhance the research and leadership capacity of early to middle career academics working on important health challenges in Nigeria by focusing on mentoring as a tool for achieving research excellence.
From left to right – Dr. Enitome Bafor, Prof. Tumani Corrah (AREF Director), Prof. Akhere Omonkhua, and Dr. Oyetunde Oyeyemi at the AREF Excell Closing Conference in Nairobi, Kenya (February 26 – 28, 2020)
Amongst others, the workshop modules will include:
- Roles and responsibilities of mentors and mentees
- Ethics in mentoring
- Emotional intelligence in mentor-mentee relationships
- Avoiding mentoring pitfalls
- Conflict management during mentoring
- Establishing and maintaining fruitful mentoring relationships
- Applicants should be early to mid-level academics
- A faculty position not more than an Associate Professor or its equivalent in Nigerian universities and research institutions
iii. At least 3 publications in reputable journals
- A statement of intent clearly itemizing the applicant’s expectations from the workshop (100 words maximum)
- One (1) page CV (including list of 3 most recent published articles)
Participants can register by clicking the link below not later than Friday June 25, 2021.
Selected participants will be informed by Wednesday June 30, 2021 of their selection
Workshop fees and accommodation
A registration fee of ₦ 10,000 only will be paid by selected participants (workshop participation is limited to 25 participants). Accommodation is available at the CERHI and UNIBEN Guest Houses at affordable rates.
Prof Friday Okonofua,
Centre Leader, CERHI
CERHI-UNIBEN AREF Excell Team
- Prof. Akhere Omonkhua – Excell Institutional Lead
- Dr. Oyetunde Oyeyemi – Excell Fellow
- Dr. Enitome Bafor – Excell Fellow