The Centre of Excellence in Reproductive Health Innovation (CERHI) at the University of Benin, is an African Centre of Excellence (ACE) internationally accredited by the Agency for Public Health Education Accreditation (APHEA) with the mandate to build capacity for addressing the challenges related to reproductive health, population, and development in the West and Central African region. CERHI recently created a Data Analysis and Presentation Unit with a critical focus to improve on data analysis and presentation among research scientists, particularly in the biomedical sciences. As part of CERHI’s mandate to build capacity and promote research excellence, this workshop represents the first in the series of data management and analysis workshops planned.
Workshop Learning Objectives
At the end of the workshop, the participants will be able to:
1. Ask appropriate research questions, search the literature and discuss the implications of research for development
2. Differentiate between quantitative and qualitative research approaches and be able to identify methodological and statistical pitfalls
3. Describe the common experimental designs, determine sample size and the psychometric properties of a field research instrument
4. Code and analyze quantitative data using SPSS software and analyze qualitative data using the
Atlas and NVivo software
5. Disseminate research findings using appropriate media and technologies
Audience: Lecturers, Clinicians, Researchers, Scholars and Postgraduate Students in Universities.
Venue: CERHI Building, University of Benin, Benin
Date: July 8 – 12, 2019; Onsite Registration from 8:00am-9:00am
1. Prof, Joseph A, Balogun, PT, Ph.D., FACSM,
FNSP, FAS, FRSPH, Distinguished University
Professor at the College of Health Sciences,
Chicago State University, Chicago, USA
2. Prof, Bolarinwa Ekezue; MPH, Ph.D., Sr.
Researcher, Assistant Professor at the
Broadwell College of Business, Fayetteville
State University, Fayetteville, NC, USA
Participants should be proficient in the English language and come to the workshop with their laptop
computers. Participants are responsible for their accommodation and travel expenses.
Workshop Fees: 50,000 NGN for Nigerian nationals and $150 for foreign participants
The course fee covers the tuition and training materials for 5 days.
Interested participants should register online via this link
Payment should be made to following University
Account #; CERHI Project Account 6060424621
Onsite registration and payment are welcome